Corkscrew-shaped pasta tossed with a generous measure of walnutsand parsley,
and perfumed with garlic, herbs and blue cheese.
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup chopped parsley, preferably Italian (flatleaf) parsley
- 3/4 cup chopped California walnuts, toasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves (2 teaspoons) garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups asparagus tips, or 1/2 lb tender asparagus spears cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb dried fusilli pasta
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine
the cheese, parsley, walnuts, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
Drop the asparagus into the water and boil about 2 minutes, until tender but slightly crisp.
With a slotted spoon or a skimmer, remove the asparagus then rinse with cold water and
drain. Add to the bowl with the cheese mixture.
Drop the fusilli into the same boiling water and cook until just tender.
Drain, reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water.
Add the fusilli and the water to the bowl with the
cheese mixture and toss to mix well and coat the pasta.
Serves 4; each serving contains 3/4 oz of walnuts
% Calories from-